Days like today, and there have been too many of them in my lifetime, cause me groan with deliverance from this world. Days like today make me feel utterly inadequate as a pastor who is supposed to comfort the hurting. I don't know what to say to people who experience such tragedy or those who question me about such horrors. I have no words. The best I know to do is let God speak for Himself.
- "The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18
- Jesus said, "In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." John 16:33
- "The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately wicked; who can understand it?" Jeremiah 17:9
- Jesus said, "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness..." Mark 7:21-22
- "For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven." 2 Corinthians 5:1-2
- "And He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain..." Revelation 21:4
- "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39
This is the Word of God. I cling to it and with it God holds on tight to me and all those who belong to Him.
I would love for you to leave more of God's Word in the comments.
Remembering the families of Sandy Hook Elementary School in my prayers.